CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING & UTILITY ROAD CLOSURES
- Clematis Street at Quadrille Boulevard intersection, (Friday, April 28, 5 p.m. through Sunday, April 30 2023): Improvements and repaving.
- Quadrille Boulevard, southbound, between Banyan Boulevard and Datura Street (Saturday, April 29, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.): Lane closure for repaving.
- Quadrille Boulevard, northbound, will be narrowed to one lane between Datura Street and Banyan Boulevard (Saturday, April 29, 2023, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Lane closure for repaving
- Quadrille Plaza Drive between Clematis Street and Datura Street (Saturday, April 29, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.): Closed for repaving. Detours will be on Datura Street and Evernia Street.
- 400 Block of Clematis Street, closed at the intersection of Quadrille Boulevard (Saturday, April 29, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Intersection closed for repaving.
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Washington Road (through May 2023): One eastbound lane closure as repairs are made on road depressions.
- Monceaux Road between Dixie Highway (US 1) and Georgia Avenue (through August 2023): There will intermittent lane closures for underground utility improvements. Access to all homes and businesses will be maintained.
- Alhambra Place between Olive Avenue the dead end, and Washington Road between Seville Road and Alhambra Place (through June 2023): Motorists should be prepared for possible lane closures for sanitary sewer rehabilitation.
- Northlake Boulevard west of Coconut Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- Washington Road between Roosevelt Place and Royal Palm Road (construction extended through July 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- Rosemary Avenue between Okeechobee Boulevard and Hibiscus Street (Friday, April 27, 5 p.m. through Sunday, April 30, 10 p.m.): The road is closed for a street festival produced by Related Cos.
- SunFest festival setup and closeout (Thursday, April 27, 9 a.m. – Wednesday, May 10, 6 p.m.). The following roads are closed or have limited access:
- Flagler Drive between Banyan Blvd. and Lakeview Ave.
- North and South Clematis Street between Lantana Ave. and Flagler Dr.
- Evernia Street between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.
- Datura Street between Narcissus Ave. and Flagler Dr.
- Fern Street between Olive Ave. and Flagler Dr.
- Note: The Police Department may close further portions of Clematis Street during the event to allow for excessive pedestrian traffic.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- The Grand – 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue, and the intersection of 2nd Street and Sapodilla Avenue (construction extended to December): Occasional flagging on 3rd Street.
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through Summer 2023): The road is closed for construction. The eastern sidewalk is closed for construction.
- One Flagler – Lakeview Avenue between Flagler Drive and Chase Street (through February 2024): Single lane closure due to construction. No site deliveries in the work zone.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY
- Palm Beach Lake Boulevard east of the Palm Beach Outlets/Target Store entrance (until further notice): periodic right lane closures for pole installation and underground utility work.
- Roebuck Road Bridge over Florida’s Turnpike (until further notice): Temporary lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for bridge maintenance.
- Congress Avenue from 45th Street to south of Echo Lake Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closure for underground utility work.
- Congress Avenue south of 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closure pavement markings.
- Congress Avenue north of Presidio Place (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for FPL pole removal.
- Haverhill Road north of David’s Mack Drive (MorseLife) until further notice: Periodic northbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Jog Road north of Okeechobee Boulevard to north of Snelgrove Way (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound left turn closures.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound partial right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- 45th Street west of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures for FPL pole removal.
- 45th Street west of Corporate Way (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- North and Southbound Quadrille Boulevard approaching Clematis Street (through Friday, June 30): One of two lanes closed, for drainage and striping modifications, sidewalk and curb updates.
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridge Replacement Project (through Summer 2023)
- The Southern Boulevard Bridge will be closed from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. on Friday, April 28, for work on the bridge’s mechanical components. Traffic will be detoured to the Royal Park Bridge via US 1/South Dixie Highway and State Road A1A
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed through spring 2023 for reconstruction. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should go west on Monroe Drive, east to Washington Road, and south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard.
- For more information, contact FDOT at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): The docks are closed for public docking from Friday, April 28, 9 a.m. through Wednesday, May 10, 6 p.m. for the Sunfest Festival
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): The docks are closed for public docking from Friday, April 28, 9 a.m. through Wednesday, May 10, 6 p.m. for the Sunfest Festival
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3359/772
The post Road & Dock closures beginning Friday, April 28 first appeared on Floridas News.